Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Adam Schwartz

Default What animal would do this?

"Stu Redman" wrote in message
y.com...
I'm a new gardener, so this might be one of those 'gardening for dummies'
questions. I have gone outdoors a few times and found plants/bulbs dug
up -- not eaten, just dug up. Broccoli, gladiolus, bell peppers. (Well,
something did take a bite out of each of the peppers, and then threw the
rest away!) What kind of animal is doing this? I can fence off the area
with the veggies to prevent it, but I can't fence off all my flowers.

Where do you live? I have ground squirrels (the kind that look like
chipmunks) digging up all of my potted flowers. Rabbits may dig up plants
but would probably eat them as well. Gophers also dig up vegetables, and
moles will dig burrows under the garden. Good luck finding the perpatrator!

-Adam