Old 08-07-2003, 05:40 AM
bobkiely

Default Raccoon Repellent

I know some of you will think I'm just kidding due to my recent run-ins with
the raccoon but this is serious - no kidding.

Yesterday I was at Petco and was talking to the guy in the fish department
and I mentioned I had a pond. He tells me that he used to but gave it up due
to being constantly trashed by the raccoons. So I mentioned to him that I
had 4 visits from coons in the last week and I was thinking of trading in
the goldfish and koi for 200 4" piranhas to remedy the problem. (OK I can't
help it - just kidding about that part).

So he tells me I should get some coyote urine...that if it was available
when he had the problem, he's probably still have his pond. For a second I
thought HE was kidding and I said, "You said coyote urine?" He said that
they sell it across the street at Green Thumb Nursery. So I went over there
and bought an 8 oz bottle plus a couple of dispensers. Last night was the
first time I used it and didn't have a visit - coincidence? I don't know but
I had to try it even if it was $16.

Anybody else hear of it? And it IS actual 100% pure coyote urine, not some
chemical (according to them). I'll take their word for it.

They have a web site: http://www.legupenterprises.com

BK