Old 08-07-2003, 06:20 AM
John Rutz

Default salt

Tom La Bron wrote:
John,

The point the many seem to miss with Brett and his situation is that he
conditions his ponds like aquaculture farms, plus his water and the land in
which the ponds are positioned have a high concentration of mineral salts
anyway. I have spoken to him personally on this condition what "Salt" he
adds really his not in the same why many of on this list thinks about it,
plus in his grow out ponds for his big fish it is one per 1,000 gallons of
water and some are one fish 10,000 gallons of water.

His ponds are also not filtered, but are like a farm ponds, relaying on
rainfall for refilling.

Tom L.L.

I can see why he doesnt need filters with populations like that I would
wager he grows out some huge fish in those ponds

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com