Old 08-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Gordon Couger

Default BST MILK and Ordinary MILK Indistinquishable? Not Really.

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

As someone who has lived through this at the sharp end, the Canadians

have
my sincere sympathy. Like most UK farmers we could offer advice but I do
offer my best wishes

Seconded.

I see they are trying to get is squared up the end buy the end of July.

If we don't close our borders to Canada the rest of the world will close
theirs to us. Japan seriously considered stopping US beef as well becuse
practically there is little distinction between US and Canada in trading
cattle across the border. The guys up north don't like it much because they
feel the Canadian cattle hurt their prices. But that has been a long running
battle between the US and Canada all my life. The guys from Canada come down
and cut wheat for 10% less than the guys in the US can because they don't
have to pay taxes on the money made in the US and we have to pay taxes on
money made in Canada. We are the only country that taxes income made in
other countries. I have a friend living out side of London that avoid paying
taxes anywhere most of his life. He worked for one of the oil companies in
as a geologist in the north sea. When they want to transfer him back to the
US to Houston he quit and when into consulting. Siberia he might have
considered but not Houston.

Gordon