Old 08-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Bill

Default Mortgage Lifter

In article fc.003d0941019e54ce3b9aca003b934657.19e54e6@pmug. org,
says...
writes:

Sitting here watching a hummingbird work over the Buddelia "Black
Knight" outside my window and it's chasing off the butterflies as they
come in to feed. Greedy little pig.

Bill

Thank you for sharing this. So far, that hasn't happened here that has
been observed. I did add a Black Knight to my yard last summer. It's in
front by the fish pond so we'll see what happens as it gets larger and
produces more blossoms.

Watching the butterflies at the other bushes has been great. I have one
that is visible from the kitchen window as well as the patio. Prior to it,
they were in the front along the street and not in the line of sight from
the back yard.

It's been primarily bumblebees and honey bees competing with the
butterflies.

Glenna

I've got view of butterfly/hummingbird attracting flowers from most
windows. In the morning while I'm doing the dishes I watch hummers
doing battle over the sage plants out front. Pugnacious little flits.

Bill