Old 08-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Chris Norton

Default Best way to do a shed...

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:29:04 +0100, "Marcus Fox"
wrote:

... on a limited budget. Say £100. Want it to keep three bikes in, plus
other garden tools. We have ample space to place it, does the ground have to
be prepared in any way, or can we just plonk it down?

Marcus

We bought ours for the allottment from Homebase on their 10% off day
so the shed cost us £89. You can get 3 bikes in it but if your looking
at squeezing a mower etc in it then your on a loser. Do not just plonk
it down as that will give the same problems in the end as the fence
posts (see thread). We have all our sheds (4) on the cheapest paving
slabs you can get from your builders merchant. Treated timber bearers
may be sufficiant but to be honest once they go you have the prob of
redoing em.

My opinion only and may be a little bit more than the £100 inc the
slabs but not by much.

Building one from plans and reclaimed timber? Possible but a right
pain!!!!