Old 08-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Can silicone be used to hold in rocks in waterfall

. . . and no matter how tempted you are to take the gloves off (because
it's frustrating trying to pick up and place rocks and pebbles just right
with awkward, bullky gloves on) don't do it! This stuff is horrendous to
get off, and you'll wear the adjoining skin off your body before you get the
Great Stuff off. The last time I used it I was diligent about the gloves
but STILL had a nightmare of a time.... during the process of leaning and
stretching and getting into weird positions to get the stuff in the right
places, I ended up getting little bits of it on my forearms, elbows, knees,
etc. If it holds half as well on the rocks as it does on our skin, this
stuff is there to stay!
Sue

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Paul in Redland" wrote in message
Try that expanding foam insulation, name Great Stuff comes to mind. Get

it
at Home depot, Lowes , etc. Any foam that still shows after you apply

the
gravel will soon be covered with algae and won't show. There is a type

that
is black, but others have said that it is quite expensive..It sticks to

just
about everything, EPDM liner included.

snip

For gods sake do not get it on your hands. I did that the first time I

used
it...washing your hands does nothing but spread it around. I used 4

bottles
of nailpolish remover before I got my hands clean. It took weeks for the
rest to flake and come off my nails and cuticles. WHERE GLOVES!!!

BV.