Old 08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Joanne

Default No water. No shade. No hope?

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:49:53 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

I would focus on that "part that had to be ordered." Nail someone down
and find out what part ordered from where. Obviously the
water-suppliers aren't among the gardeners and may have no clue how
critical this is. If you have a lot of money, hire a plumber to check
out the situation. If you don't have a lot of money, ask everyone you
know if they have a 2nd cousin's nephew who's a plumber or knows
*anything* about municipal water, and might take a look. Promise
tomatoes or whatever you're trying to grow. If it's not a
highly-specialized industrial fitting that's needed, perhaps someone
in the newsgroups could help.

Sadly the building does not belong to us. We are not allowed to
arrange our own repairs or, believe me, we would have. We are on
their case as much as is possible. It is a very complicated
situation/relationship which would take at least an hour to fully
describe, so I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, still no water, although it did finally rain yesterday (!!!).
Thanks

jc
---