Old 08-07-2003, 03:57 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Help! I need suggestion for a cover

"Wilson" wrote in message
snip
My wife actually had the best idea of the day...since ours is basically
"just" a waterfall then why not cover the entire basin(for now) using the
grill and decorate (hide) it with really nice decorative rock and have

the
falls...disappearing into the ground, then in a couple of years turn it

into
a VF when I add a pond.

I think this might be the way to go until our boy get's some (sense) age

on
him

snip

IMHO...there are three solutions to pond safety. I use items 2 and 3
diligently.

1) Do not have a pond if you cannot control the children that will be
exposed to it.
2) Teach the children over and over again about the dangers of the pond, and
why they should not go near the pond without an adult. Helps to allow one to
fall in while you are standing there.
3) NEVER leave children unattended around a pond.

I believe that no amount of security systems are fool proof, and in some
ways can be dangerous because they could potentially allow you to become
complacent. Our kids do not go in our yard without some attention now, and
they know not to go near the pond without my wife and I. Of course, we have
caught them venturing closer some days, now that we have frogs, so see rule
number 3.

BV.