Old 08-07-2003, 04:09 PM
---Pete---

Default Good tomato fertilizer?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:23:28 GMT, "Stephen Younge"
wrote:

I've seen some messages on this newsgroup that suggest calcium is important
for tomatoes. The Sta-Green fertilizer has no calcium -- it has nitrogen,
phosphate, potash, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, and zinc.
Will this do the trick, or should I use something in addition? I've heard
too much nitrogen can hinder fruit production.

------
Last year I added Ironite to my garden which is a fertilizer with all
those micro nutrients and minerals. I can't prove it but I suspect
that the Ironite was responsible for such great tasting tomatoes I
had last year.

I'm in New Jersey and we had a drought last year so maybe the
lack of water also contributed to the taste of my tomatoes. I
guess I'll find out this year because I used the Ironite and we
have plenty of rain this year.

--pete--