Old 08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Turtle in pond

Bill wrote:
A moderately large Turtle has entered my pond.

Will it eat my Gold Fish? How can I get rid of it? I tried netting it but
every time I approach the pond it dives for the bottom and I can't see it to
net it.

After I get rid of it how do I keep Turtles out?

Do you know what type of turtle? If it's a snapper
BE CAREFUL! My son and his friend use to catch them
by putting a stick near the mouth. If the stick was
strong enough when the snapper bit the stick they
could then lift it.
Be warned - they can take off fingers and toes! Any
other types, I wouldn't worry about, in fact I'd like
to have one.

--
Bonnie
NJ