Old 08-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default hairy dwarf

K Barrett ) wrote:
: Oh my stars! That's marvelous!

: How cool groing is that one? Where'd you get it? What's it need, culturally
: speaking?

My grandmother used to grow lots of them outdoors in a lathehouse in Arroyo
Grande (near San Luis Obispo). I've grown them here in the Sacramento area
from cuttings and from seed (obtained from Thompson and Morgan). They don't
tolerate frost so they need some protection. You ought to be able to grow
them in the Bay Area pretty easily. Culture is very similar to Christmas
Cactus if you're familiar with those. There is (or used to be) a company in
San Diego that specializes in them and other similar species. I forget the
name but I think it was Rainbow something_or_other.

Dave

: K Barrett

: "Nina Baltes" wrote in message
: ...
: I just wanted to share a cute pleurothallid, Condylago rodrigoi:
:
: http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/galle...es/image1.html
:
:
: The lip has snapped upwards in this picture, I have to be more careful
: next time .
:
: Nina
: --
: C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
: Louis Pasteur
: http://www.chaotropic.net