Old 08-07-2003, 06:57 PM
sw

Default Yellow courgette

Last year I grew a 'normal' green courgette (no variety named on the
label) bought as a seedling from a garden centre. It produced just about
enough courgettes for our needs. This year I tried a yellow one (again,
no name on the label) on the grounds that they had no green ones, and a
yellow one might be pretty. It is, but it's producing very few
courgettes -- lots of flowers, most on long stalks (male?) and
relatively few flowers on short stalks that thicken to form courgettes.
It seems happy enough in itself, lots of dark green leaves heading out
towards the path and the big, wide world, just isn't producing many
courgettes. Do yellow ones normally produce fewer fruit, or have I been
unlucky?

regards
sarah

--