Old 08-07-2003, 11:17 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default hairy dwarf

Nina Baltes ) wrote:
: Dave Sheehy wrote:
: K Barrett ) wrote:
: : Oh my stars! That's marvelous!
:
: : How cool groing is that one? Where'd you get it? What's it need, culturally
: : speaking?
:
: My grandmother used to grow lots of them outdoors in a lathehouse in Arroyo
: Grande (near San Luis Obispo). I've grown them here in the Sacramento area
: from cuttings and from seed (obtained from Thompson and Morgan). They don't
: tolerate frost so they need some protection. You ought to be able to grow
: them in the Bay Area pretty easily. Culture is very similar to Christmas
: Cactus if you're familiar with those. There is (or used to be) a company in
: San Diego that specializes in them and other similar species. I forget the
: name but I think it was Rainbow something_or_other.

: Cuttings? Seed? Are you sure you're not confusing it with something
: else ? This is the entire plant:

Oops, my bad. I thought I was replying to another post of someone's
Epiphyllum (actually I thought Kay's reply was to that post and I replied
to that). OK, I feel stupid now. That's what I get for replying prior to
my first cup of coffee in the morning (yeah, that's the ticket, blame it
on the coffee!).

Dave