Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
joe

Default feed mosquito fish in winter?

Lydia wrote:

Hi everyone... I hope I don't become known as that person who always asks
the dumb questions, but I got some mosquito fish and was just thinking about
times when there is no mosquito larva for them to eat. Do I need to feed
them myself in the winter or will they maybe continue to multiply
exponentially and eat the babies and that will be sufficient?

Dear Dumb Question Person,

That's not a dumb question.

I wouldn't feed them...ever. They already multiply like rabbits. If I had it
to do over, I wouldn't even have put them in my pond. Where are you located?
Would they over winter in your pond okay?

Joe