Old 08-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Quin Filips

Default Bleeding Heart question

I have 7 of them in a row along the house for the past 3 years and they
do get kind of gangly after half-way through the Summer. I purchased a
short fence to sort of rein them in so they don't overhang into the yard
and let them continue to grow. You could also lasso them to a stake or
something to make them more compact. I've never trimmed them. Don't
know what that would do to them. I would think they need those leaves
right now to start storing "energy" for next year's flowers.

Quin
Zone 5 Illinois

Adrian Lundgren wrote:
Hi all. What does one do with Bleeding Hearts after they have bloomed
and start to look sort of ratty and icky? Do I cut them to the ground
or
wait until they die like tulips? I am in zone 4.
thanks
al