Old 08-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Ali

Default Bleeding Heart question

We've got two here, and while we don't do it every year, it doesn't hurt to
trim them back if they're looking nasty (and they usually do when the heat
gets on). But not to the ground. We cut back selectively to neatly to maybe
a foot high, trying not to have it look like it'd been sheared. Ours put out
a flush of new growth and looked much better.

hope that helps.

Ali

"Adrian Lundgren" wrote in message
Hi all. What does one do with Bleeding Hearts after they have bloomed
and start to look sort of ratty and icky? Do I cut them to the ground
or
wait until they die like tulips? I am in zone 4.
thanks
al