Old 08-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Bern Muller

Default Sad morning-UPDATE-PLEASE HELP

I have a new theory as to what happend to him. I believe he may have

gotten
stuck against the pump sock which has a PrimaXL 3400gph pump in it. Plus,
my wife dropped a few pieces of food in the net and he immediatly surfaced
and ate every piece. Now we don't know what to do. Please Help???

I would be encouraged by his good appetite and willingness to go after food.
If a hospital aquarium (20-40 gallon using pond water) is not an option,
your net system will probably work well. You might cover the net with more
netting to protect him from predators. I'd continue to feed him, and give
him a week or so to heal. At the end of that time you will have an
indication of how things are going to turn out. He will either heal, or get
worse. If he stays exactly the same you will have to decide if you want to
keep a paraplegic fish, or euthanize him.