Old 08-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Turtle in pond

An alligator snapper perhaps? I have a baby one. They are the largest fresh
water turtle in north america (maybe the world?).

Sam

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Did anyone see on the news last night (forget which network) where a
snapping turtle is on loan to a zoo in Wisconsin (?) for the summer? I

think
they said it weighs about 168 lbs. and is estimated to be 200 years old!

And
yes, he was still feisty!

Lee

"Bill" wrote in message
news
A moderately large Turtle has entered my pond.

Will it eat my Gold Fish? How can I get rid of it? I tried netting it

but
every time I approach the pond it dives for the bottom and I can't see

it
net it.

After I get rid of it how do I keep Turtles out?
--
Bill Mech