Old 08-07-2003, 11:39 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Lily Problem

Yesterday at the Master Gardener Clinic a fellow dropped off some sick
looking lily leaves. I, being their closest thing to a water gardening
expert, was called in. I took along my Pond Doctor book, and am guessing it
might be crown rot, but here are the symptoms:

Pads first get brown veins, then the borders become brown and move inward.
The flower turn brown before hitting the surface and rots (why I think it's
crown rot). Supposedly the plant is in its 2nd year and didn't do this last
year. At this time I don't have any more information till he calls me back.

Seems I need a form for water plants that at least lets me know where
they're getting their water and any water treatments, what the plants are
potted in, and a host of other questions.

So rec.ponders, have any of you had this problem and what was the outcome?
Thanks, ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~