Old 08-07-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Animal dropping identification - hedgehog?

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:08:17 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

In article oprrxj7yavwxhha1@localhost, Tim timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@a
pk.at writes
I'm afraid I don't have a photo but can anyone confirm the likely identity
of the layer of these droppings.

They're jet black, about 4" long and around as thick as my little-finger
(1.5cm), straight and tapering to a point at one end.
Not obvious remains of seeds or insects in them that I could make
out. They
only seem to appear overnight.

I'm assuming it's a hedgehog, am I right?

A bit long, but otherwise sounds about right.

4 " droppings would be some giant of a hedgehog; I've never seen them
do droppings larger than an inch! Sounds more like fox to me; especially
if the tapered point turns up.

Janet

Ah .... but on the other hand could it be the return of "Spiny
Norman", the giant hedgehog that was known to track the gangster
Dinsdale Piranha??

http://www.ironworks.com/comedy/python/piranha.htm

Geoff