Old 09-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Rabbits eating my plants.

"ruth todd" wrote in
:

Please help. Rabbits are eating most of my plants as fast as I put
them in. I've tried putting wire mesh round but they are still
managing to get to them.could anyone suggest any deterrents but I
don't want to harm them.I live in the U.K.

Thanks in anticipation.

I made a spray with hot peppers, garlic and dish soap.

Recipe:
1 garlic busted up
3 hot peppers busted up or equivalent flakes from spice rack
1 quart hot water
dish soap

mix first 3 items up. allow to sit in warm place for a week. strain.
spray at rate of 1 cup brew to 2 pints water to 6 drops soap.

I don't know if this will make your food taste Italian, Mexican or Soapy,
but I sprayed on some snow pea vines this spring and Peter Rabbit and/or
Sammy Squirrel don't seem to like my cuisine anymore.

-- Salty