Old 09-07-2003, 02:43 AM
Warwick Dumas

Default (fake) rockery stones/bricks

Hi. I haven't posted here for a while I know.

Does anyone know (a site) where I can find fake rockery stones/bricks?

I'd just resigned myself to spending another 100 pounds on granite blocks on
a garden I still might move away from this year, when I heard this thing
about granite mining destroying tigers' habitats. I always thought they were
just blowing up bits of Wiltshire or something! Durr, like there's any
granite in Wiltshire. They sell rockery stone at B&Q but they don't seem
very reliable about it, and I'm not sure of the source there either, and
ideally at this point I need something I can work with with more easily than
jagged rocks.

I know of the 'splitstone' bricks etc offered by Buildbase which would be
fine for my needs -- except that they expect you to build walls two bricks
thick and cope them by laying the bricks transverse - not what I had in
mind. You can't use them for coping otherwise and it's mainly coping I need
them for. I don't want walls two bricks thick, and I want some bits to look
natural, so I can't be doing with fake stones that only have one side. If
anyone knows where they shape concrete all round or on two sides next to
each other, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Warwick Dumas

--
"No matter how much you think you have succeeded in business, if you have
razor wire on your boundary fences, and live in fear of being mugged because