Old 09-07-2003, 02:43 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Animal dropping identification - hedgehog?

The message oprrzgkjrywxhha1@localhost
from Tim contains these words:

Definitely 4" maximum, but not much less normally, say aound 3" might be a
better average. It's straight, not in a heap like I'd expect a fox to do
(do they do it like that?). I'll check if the end points up next time I
spot one. I'd have thought a fox would have made a much thicker stool than
that though, wouldn't it?

No, they aren't heaped; the singular deposit is like a finger, except
for the characteristic upturned squiggly point at the end, and much
darker than most dogs' pooh. Foxes often pooh on something raised up,
like a wall or log or stone, to mark territory.

Janet.