Old 09-07-2003, 02:56 AM
jammer

Default Water hyacinth and water lily questions

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:48:06 GMT, "Scott Teetsel"
wrote:

I have 2 water hyacinths I bought at a local nursery about a month ago or
so. They have grown and are "branching" out into smaller plants, however,
they do not seem to want to break away. Will they or should they? Should I
cut them apart?

I also have some water lilies I just planted. They are growing new leaves,
but only one is green. The rest are more of a brownish/red. Is this
normal? I haven't put any fertilizer in them yet, was going to do so this
week.

Thanks!
Scott

I am curious about the first question, but would have to say it
probably doesn't matter. The leaves on the lillies start out
red/brown/greenish and then turn green at the surface. (mine do)