Old 09-07-2003, 03:20 AM
B & J

Default Wave petunias

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Do "Wave" petunias produce viable seeds, or are they sterile? If they do
set seeds, what form are the seedlings? Has anyone tried saving the

seeds?

Thanks, regards,
Bob

None of the waves I've had have produce seed pods or reseeded, but I gather
there some cultivars that do. Check this site:

http://www.agriculture.utk.edu/news/...th/0307POM.htm

BTW, Waves are incredibly easy to start from tip cuttings. I usually buy a
single plant of a type/color I want and go from there. This past spring I
bought a white semi-double that cost $14.95 for a single plant in a hanging
basket. I now have an additional dozen blooming plants that came from tip
cuttings.

John