Old 09-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Noydb

Default Pepper ID

Pam Rudd wrote:

When last we left our heros, on Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:50:02 -0400,
Noydb scribbled:

I googled for this without any success.

I bought something labeled Anaheim. The one thing I am certain of is that
it isn't an Anaheim pepper ... but it might be a WMD and I want to know
before I bite into it.

At present it is a deep green (like a jalapeno), 1"+ globe held upside
down in the crotch of the pepper plant. Creamy white flowers.

Go to www.chileplants.com and click on "advanced search".
I would suggest searching on "pod type" and looking under
the cherry pod types first. If that doesn't look right, try some
of the others. Where did you buy it? Is it worth going back
and seeing what other varieties the store had on hand. I mean,
it might give you a clue. Big Box stores like Lowe's or Wal Mart
aren't likely to have anything really exotic in the way of a
pepper, so that would narrow your choices.

If you can't figure out what it is, try cutting one open and
sniffing it. You should be able to smell if it's hot or sweet, at
least.

Pam

The "Cherry, large red" somewhat resembles what I have. However, the photo
is indistinct about its growing habits so I can't be certain.
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)