Old 09-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Thomas McDonald

Default Unabomber Manifesto -- an excerpt

"C. P. Weidling" wrote in message
"Thomas McDonald" writes:

"David James Polewka" wrote in message
http://www.panix.com/~clays/Una/una3.html

THE MOTIVES OF SCIENTISTS
87. Science and technology provide the most important examples of

...snip...
and effort that scientists put into their work. The
"curiosity" explanation for the scientists' motive just doesn't stand

up.

David,

This fellow is a comedian. How interesting that he feels competent

rule on what is "normal".

FWIW, pretty much everyone I know who has a very narrow scientific

focus
has a range of curiousity and excitement about other areas. Hell, even
Gould was a Red Sox fan, and wrote on baseball.

Tom McDonald

snip more-of-the-same ramblings

Gould was a Yankees fan. I remember reading something he wrote wrt to
Red Sox hitter Ted Williams. When the Sox played the Yanks, Williams was
The Enemy.

Oh, crap. Was it George Will who's the Red Sox fan?

Tom McDonald