Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 AM
Joanne

Default No water. No shade. No hope?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:17:52 -0400, Lynda
Joanne wrote:

snip so I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, still no water, although it did finally rain yesterday (!!!).
Thanks

You could put containers out to collect rainwater (unused garbage
bins, pails, buckets) and use that on the plants... in order to
collect and keep as much water in the container as possible, you want
to lid them with something like a funnel. Old garbag bins work well
for this as their lids can be used upside down with a 1" to 2" hole
punched in the center.

or get a reeeeeeeeally long hose.

We have about 10 large rain barrels, which is where we usually store
water, but (and I thought I mentioned this in my original post, but
may have forgotten to) we have had no significant rainfall for more
than a month ( finally had some last night!). The barrels dried up
weeks ago. Mother Nature is a cruel mistress, there have been several
rainstorms in my city lately but they all just miissed us.

We thought that this year our "big" issue was going to be West Nile
Virus Mosquitoes (as we have so many rain barrels) but to hell with
that!

jcm

Toronto, Canada
Canadian zone 6, U.S. zone is apparently 4b

I'm just trying to find my way amongst the forest of diverse information.

Thanks to global warming it's bloody hot here!