Old 09-07-2003, 05:32 AM
David Lloyd-Jones

Default Unabomber Manifesto -- an excerpt

Thomas McDonald wrote:

Oh, crap. Was it George Will who's the Red Sox fan?

Oh Yecchhh! Almost enough to turn me into a Steinbrunner-Marxist.

(Actually I don't think Will could be a Red Sox fan. With that
haircut he's gotta be a Princeton guy. Maybe a Yalie if he ever had
a bad hair day. But he's never been within ten miles of the Green
Monster. Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so. [That was a bow to
David Friedman, as a Chicago lurker in this newsgroup.] George Will
is my idea of the uber-Yankee. If he should come up to Boston, may
everybody pour growlers of bottom-sludge on his head.)

Excuse me, Mr. Van Winkle, did I hear somebody say the Dodgers have
moved out of town?

-dlj.