Old 09-07-2003, 05:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default feed mosquito fish in winter?

With permission, I will continue to ask said questions however, my title
heretofore of "Dummy Asking Dumb Questions" will herein be changed forthwith
to "Ignoramous Asking Idiotic Questions"® to avoiding possible legal action.
Lydia

You sound like someone who belongs here.
Bonnie
John mentioned: You're a keeper

I have to definitely agree. We can forgive anything for a great sense of
humor. ;o) I do have to clear one little thing up:

K30 wrote:
Fish don't eat during the winter.

She, of course meant the usual pond fish, unlike trout and/or other cold
water fish who do eat in winter. ;o)

Now, Lydia, a question for you. Do you know the "real" name of your
mosquito fish you got off of E-bay? In this state the mosquito control
district gives out "free" fish also called that, real name "short version"
gambusia. If you have gambusia please don't mention how you got them, one
has to have a license to transport them. It's okay to have them, but they
are very concerned of where they are placed. So hopefully you either don't
have gambusia (look like a drab cousin to a guppy) or don't live where a
flood could come thru and carry them away to Lake Washington (or closest
lake to you) if you do. ~ jan (also known as jj)

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a