Old 09-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Tim

Default Animal dropping identification - hedgehog?

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 23:09:32 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message oprrzgkjrywxhha1@localhost
from Tim contains these words:

Definitely 4" maximum, but not much less normally, say aound 3" might be a
better average. It's straight, not in a heap like I'd expect a fox to do
(do they do it like that?). I'll check if the end points up next time I
spot one. I'd have thought a fox would have made a much thicker stool than
that though, wouldn't it?

No, they aren't heaped; the singular deposit is like a finger, except
for the characteristic upturned squiggly point at the end, and much
darker than most dogs' pooh. Foxes often pooh on something raised up,
like a wall or log or stone, to mark territory.

Janet.

Interesting, it could be. They're just deposited seemingly randomly on the
lawn though. It's not to be ruled out. Are there any other things that I
could look out for that might indicate a fox? I mean apart from the fox
itself :-)
There's been no sign of digging or scratching around.

Tim.