Old 09-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default (fake) rockery stones/bricks

In article ,
Warwick Dumas wrote:

I'd just resigned myself to spending another 100 pounds on granite blocks on
a garden I still might move away from this year, when I heard this thing
about granite mining destroying tigers' habitats. I always thought they were
just blowing up bits of Wiltshire or something! Durr, like there's any
granite in Wiltshire. They sell rockery stone at B&Q but they don't seem
very reliable about it, and I'm not sure of the source there either, and
ideally at this point I need something I can work with with more easily than
jagged rocks.

The mind boggles. As half of the north and west is granite territory,
importing the stuff is just plain insane. Many farmers would be happy
for people to take away granite boulders for nothing!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.