Old 09-07-2003, 11:44 AM
LeighMo

Default LFS here is cluless

Is there a source on the web to help me identify the plants that I bought?

www.tropica.com

www.aquaticplantdepot.com

Even though they are commercial sites, they have lists of plants with pictures
and info that are very useful references. Tropica is a big name in the planted
tank world, and their extensive plant catalog lists the origins, temp, pH,
lighting requirements, etc. for each plant. Pretty hand-drawn pictures, too.

However, Tropica is a European company, and if you're in the U.S., some of your
plants might not be listed at their site. That's where aquaticplantdepot.com
comes in. In addition, aquaticplantdepot.com might be an easier site for a
beginner to use. While Tropica organizes their plants alphabetically by
species name, AquaticPlantDepot.com organizes theirs by type (bunch, anubias,
lilies, miscellaneous, etc.), which might be easier for a newbie to navigate.
(Hint: if you don't see your plants in any of the aquarium categories, check
the "terrarium" section. A lot of the plants sold as aquarium plants in pet
stores are actually bog plants, and will not do well submersed in the long
term.)

Leigh