Old 09-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Finding a property with a Big Garden

"mick" wrote in
:

Having said that, it still might be possible to get a run down place
with a bit of land if you aren't too fussy where and away from the
coast.

Have you tried Carrick or Restormal council districts? Or even parts
of North Cornwall District.

Liskeard area is still fairly cheap, particularly out towards Bodmin Moor
(Pensilva). But most of the 'semi-derelicts' that were for sale round here
when we moved 3 years ago are now all double glazing and fresh paint.
Go East across the Tamar and you haven't a hope, except possibly up north
of Bideford - Northam and Westward Ho! That would take you away from the
south coast, (but near the north one, which has better surf).

Ilfracombe is cheap, but for a reason, and you'll be lucky to find a big
garden there.

Barnstaple still has the odd 'in need of renovation' that I notice from
time to time, but again, garden sizes not usually that big.

You'd have to be lucky, and quick.

Victoria