Old 09-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Frogleg

Default No water. No shade. No hope?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:36:07 -0700, Joanne wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:49:53 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

I would focus on that "part that had to be ordered."

Sadly the building does not belong to us. We are not allowed to
arrange our own repairs or, believe me, we would have. We are on
their case as much as is possible. It is a very complicated
situation/relationship which would take at least an hour to fully
describe, so I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, still no water, although it did finally rain yesterday (!!!).

I wonder if there any websites with instructions for rain dances. :-)
It's a wonder that humans ever took up agriculture anyhow. Locally (SE
Virginia -- zone 7 or 8) farmers dealt with drought last year, and too
much rain to plant this spring. My own community garden (with a tap
for each plot!) taught me to be happy I didn't depend on
gardening/farming for a living. Between no rain, too much rain, bugs,
diseases, too cold, too hot, birds & rabbits, and weeds, it's a
heartbreaking enterprise. Of course they (and we) keep on because
"next year may be better." You are not alone in your dilemma. Keep
us posted.