Old 09-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Druss

Default Mandrake, Mandragora Officionalis, Germination

Howdy all,

I've had a good trawl through dejanews and found only one or two references
to Mandrake, mostly from me strangely enough !

However I do have one question for anyone who may have successfully
germinated Mandragora seeds;

Were there any special conditions, any special routines, or any special
soils helpful in getting the seeds to germinate.

I have acquired 10 seeds in total from the one fruit my mandrake produced
and I'd like to make the most of them. I believe it grows mainly in the
South Eastern corner of Europe but am even unsure what weather conditions
they have, will it need chilling, will it need soaking ??? etc

Any help very gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Duncan