Old 09-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Lee

Default Finding a property with a Big Garden

3 beds????
Garden?????

Our tiny two bed terrace with a very small back yard (hence the allotment)
got a "free evaluation" from the estate agent last week.. (we were bored
OK!!)
and they said K175........ no way.....................................
How the hell can anyone start on the ladder..... I know I could not afford
to buy my house again.....
As for gardens.............. Its worth the £8 a year I pay for the
allotment!!

"Chris Norton" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:13:24 +0100, "anne"
wrote:

Lincolnshire is your best bet - lots of houses in the middle of fields

etc,
but even house prices there are getting ridiculous.

The day of the cheapy house in Lincolnshire has gone forever now.

Today in Boston if you want a nice 3 bed house with nothing more than
a patch of lawn then you`ll be looking at 150k.

quarter of an acre and the chances are your wanting a 4 or 5 bed home
and in that case it`s 1/4 million IF you can get your hands on any
details.

Down here in Wisbech where I work you can get a nice portacabin house
(only way to describe them) with 2 bedrooms and these will set you
back a cool 80k.

New developement of town houses in immigration lane in boston (where
the iraq and portugese have set up 50 to a room are coming in at an
astonishing 150k with no garden (yup you read it here first NO GARDEN)
and no car parking. It is oposite the river where the fishing boats
are moored BUT it is a working jetty and therefore the smell of
cockles when they are in season is pretty unbearable.

I am aware that similar properties elsewhere would probably be twice
the price and I`ve just fueled the increase even more at the detriment
of my fellow Bostonians.