Old 09-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Alan Silver

Default What plants are suitable for hard water, pH around 8, medium light ?

In article , Dave Millman
writes
Most plants love hard water, so that isn't going to be your problem.
What does "medium light" mean? Around here, we generally look for 1-1.5
watts per gallion of quality flourescent light for a low-light tank.
Many plants like swords, anubias, java moss, java fern and some crypts
can do really well in these conditions.

Haven't really decided on the lighting yet. The LFS said that cichlid
tanks normally have a combination of white and blue tubes. Haven't had
time to check this out in more detail, so I don't know if the blue will
contribute to the lighting for the plant.

I don't want to over-light the tank as this would wash out the fish.
Also, this is going to be a deep tank (24") and I know light has
problems once you get too deep.

Thanx for the reply

--
Alan Silver