Old 09-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default bubble eye goldfish

Wow . . . the only bubble eyes I've seen were kept in aquariums with NOTHING
in them except a thin layer of gravel. The bubbles are extremely delicate,
so anything that could harm the tissue is removed. They would be totally
unsuitable for a pond.

Comets and shubunkins are "gold fish" that aren't gold: they can grow to
respectable 8-10". Comets are red and white, kinda like kohaku koi. The only
shubunkins I've seen are blue, usually with speckles and long flowing
tails - like butterfly koi. Not being a goldfish person, my descriptions are
probably limited. But you can have the gold fish without having the "gold"!

Lee
"*muffin*" wrote in message
do any of you have these in your pond? ( we are looking for something

else,
besides the plain GOLD fish..)

how delicate are the eye bubbles?
what happens if they break?

Muffin wishes goldfish came in the same colors as koi