Old 09-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Tim Fischer

Default Impulse Sprinkler

"Don Garvey" wrote in message
I have this problem almost every year. I cannot get my impulse sprinkler

reverse direction so I can water less than a full circle. Has anyone had
this problem and found a solution ?

These sprinklers are incredibly simple design. The "reverse mechanism" is
just a little metal lever that triggers a lock that keeps the "pendulum"
from doing it's normal thing, and causes the water to squirt out sideways,
reversing the head due to the "jet action".

If yours isn't reversing, check:

1) is the metal clip down and in good shape? You lift this up to get a full
circle
2) Are the reversing cams missing? These are the levers that you use to set
the partial circle.

That's about all I can think of, if the rest of the sprinkler works
properly. These sprinklers are incredibly cheap (a plastic one can be had
for $3, a good quality brass one for under $30) so maybe it's just time to
replace.

-Tim