Old 09-07-2003, 07:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Away from kitchen garden in August

That's exactly what I was going to say! Also a) Cancel going away b) mulch
the ground with something or cover with some of this weed reduction stuff c)
a week's not that bad, it'll probably rain a day or so with any luck

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
"Jake" wrote in message
: I'm going to be away from my veggies during the first week in August
: and I'm wondering what I should do for best results?
:
: In particular, I have all the usual bean types and some courgettes and
: tomatoes. I believe these may stop producing if I allow any "fruits" to
: mature while I'm away?
:
: My tentative plan is:
:
: 1. Harvest ALL beans and courgettes before leaving even if they're
: undersized
: 2. Give it all a super-duper soaking just before leaving
:
: Suggestions?
:
: Thanks