Old 09-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Water hyacinth and water lily questions

Jerri,

The only time I managed to have Water Hyacinth in my teeny water garden --
before my Chessie/Lab gal Contessa selected it for dog toy-of-the-month,
sigh..... -- I broke mine apart thinking that the pieces would grow &
spread faster than the original plant. (I'm new to ponds & pond plants, but
it's a time-honored concept for many, many garden plants to "Divide and
Conquer"!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Why do all of you break apart the WH.? I kind of like them together,

like
nature intended. I don't have the luxury of breaking them apart in big
ponds...that is all I would be doing all day ) Jerri