Old 09-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Good tomato fertilizer?

To follow up replies from a couple of you...

Since tomatoes also like a good bit of magnesium, dolomitic limestone
might be preferred.

I'd read somewhere else that multivitamin pills also make
great plant food.

After various people mentioned adding Calcium tablets, I shook my head
in disbelief, but headed to my local Healthfood store anyway. There I
noticed that the ordinary Calcium supplements were quite expensive,
but something called Dolomite was more reasonable.

The mineral content was slightly lower, but since a whole bottle would
probably last me the season, that seemed ok. The only thing I wasn't
sure about was whether the magnesium was going to be ok.

Thank you - you have answered my question!

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)