Old 10-07-2003, 04:00 AM

Default Sad morning-UPDATE-PLEASE HELP

No, dont get anything small. if you get anything get a 100 gallon rubbermaid and
netting, with a bucket filter .... otherwise he is better off in the pond. you dont
know what caused the problem and if you cannot keep the water pristine, he is better
off in the pond in a netted area.
since it is just a single fish that seems to be injured somehow, he could have been
scrounging on the bottom and hit a pocket of hydrogen sulfide (is the bottom of the
pond loaded with organics?) that will make em act pretty paralyzed. now, fish can
also injure their backs (or be injured), which will heal or not. and then there is
the occasional heart attacks, but usually they cannot use their left pec. fin.
If he is eating and doing OK in the pond (see if he appears to be pumping his gills),
leave him in the pond. Ingrid

"Michael Grossman" wrote:
My wife and I were just discussing the possibility of going out and getting
an aquarium to use as a hospital tank. You think 20-40 gallons would be
good? Using pond water wouldn't be a big issue.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.