Old 10-07-2003, 04:20 AM
animaux

Default Our garden on PBS local KLRU

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:53:29 -0400, "Jean B." wrote:

I'm impressed! I want to naturalize most of my backyard--a bit
selectively (meaning, I would plant some native plants and also
remove others from locations where I don't want them). I feel
sorry for all the critters, since all of my neighbors most mow
their lawns down to one inch and liberally apply herbicides and
pesticides. We need to share this planet, I think.... Anyway,
kudos. I do hope you have a website someday so we can learn from
it.

Two of the best books I've read are by Sara Stein. The titles a

Noah's Garden
Planting Noah's Garden

She is a wonderful writer. Not a glossy garden book, but many essays about how
she changed her own property back to what it wanted to be in the first place.
She is from upstate New York, so may have a lot in common with your area, but a
few zones south. She's probably in USDA Zone 6a.

Victoria