Old 10-07-2003, 05:32 AM
mad

Default OT Harry Potter OT

thanks. i'll look.
mad
--
There are two rules for ultimate success in life:
(1) Never tell everything you know.

From: "P+C"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:36:31 +0100
Subject: OT Harry Potter OT

"mad" wrote in message
| the 2nd favorite from that mag was about a girl and her younger sibling
| who found a coin that looked kind of like a nickle, but while the kids were
| holding the coin, one of them wished something and they got half of what
| they wished for. as the story rolls along the power of the coin diminishes
| and ultimately, they have to throw it away for someone else to find. don't
| know the title or author of that.
|
| i'd like to read both stories again.
|
| any suggestions?

This sounds familiar and was serialised on UK children's
TV recently. It was probably the BBC, as I would tune in
to see the news and view the last few minutes of the
preceding children's programmes.

A young girl had to rub the Queen's nose on the portrait
on the 50 pence coin to make a wish come true.

The Queen's Nose? (perhaps alternatively called The
President's Nose?)

see:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000074162

HTH,