Old 10-07-2003, 06:44 AM
J. Lamont

Default Sick Comets

Last evening 3 of our 6 Comets were floating just below the surface of the
water, not much movement just floating. Now one more is in doing the same
thing. I tried to feed them but they had no interest in food.
We checked the Ph, ammonia & nitrate levels, all were in the normal range.
The pond is approximately 300 gal with the 6 adult Comets & 4 or 5 babies
(the little ones seem fine). We have not added any plants or made any
changes to the pond other than topping up the water level maybe 5% every
couple of days.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be ailing these fish?
Thank you for any help.
Jody