Old 10-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Little Sccoby

Default Holy New Super Pond from Heaven Questions.

Thanks for the information. I found this unit but I'm sure some company
probably makes a smaller or better looking unit (or one that's geared
towards pond enthusiasts and not sprinkler systems):

http://www.smarthome.com/7196.html

-Little Scooby

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Little Scooby wrote:

... Is the wind really
that powerful that it can blow a huge, heavy stream of water by an
entire foot or more?

In reading your questions and the responses, I would suggest solving the
wind problem first. Check with local weather stations / forecasters /
online to determine range of wind speeds. Limit wind variables by
screening, walls, location, location, location, of your water feature.
Limit wind variables by using fountain only when supervised. Connect
water feature to wind sensor to shut off if wind speed exceeds a
specific point. Then design your water feature with whatever pump /
basin / amount of water will work for your area / location. Sounds like
a fun project -- keep us posted.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies