Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Kay Easton

Default is there such a thing as...

In article , Brian Mitchell
writes
a jam-making machine? (I hope this isn't too OT)
Where ingredients go in one end and jam comes out the other?

This is needed by single, alien-in-the-kitchen.

Last year I tried making blackberry jam (preserve?), following all
recipes and instructions **to the letter**.

How did you test for readiness? I find the cold saucer test works better
than a jam thermometer.

I still have four impenetrable jars of blackberry toffee and four jars
of a preserve so fluid you have to hold the bread precisely level in all
directions.

The liquid one is excellent for trickling over ice cream or stirring
into yogurt.

Now the blackcurrant bushes are sagging under the weight of fruit.

Anyone can see I need help!

Freeze the lot and stuff yourself on blackcurrant and apple pies all
through the winter.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: